Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Get out your pencils, please. Today we are having a pop quiz...



I thought I was a pretty good speller but I missed one of these questions. Why don't you try it?

Confession: It wasn't until recently I realized that I had been misspelling 'similar' most of my life. I spelled it 'similiar.' I couldn't believe it when I discovered the correct spelling. How could I have been mistaken for so long?

I encourage ALL bloggers, in fact, I 'm begging you, please, please use a spell checker before posting anything. It reflects poorly on us, as teachers, if we have blogs full of spelling errors. I make countless silly errors even with words I know so I've learned not to trust my brain when publishing. Spell check is my friend!

one step at a time...

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a great tip. I try to stress that to kid bloggers.. they're reflecting all hsers with their writing!

    as for the quiz, I scored:
    hmmm... only %80! drat!

    Love,
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lindafay,

    I think my spelling mistakes are mostly typing errors that I don't catch.

    I wanted to thank you too for adding my high school music appreciation link to your delicious links...I appreciate it very much.

    Barb
    Harmony Art Mom
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/harmonyartmom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I have a friend who posts messages that go to a homeschool yahoo group. She doesn't even use correct grammar. Drives me nuts. Spelling is one of my pet peeves as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. del.icio.us...
    Junior General Paper Soldier Page!
    My boys love that!
    My four year old cuts them up while we are at our books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh, oh. I scored 87% which means I missed 2 - and I consider myself to be a good speller. :(

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete